Vincent SV-237 Integrated
Vincent have replaced their most successful amplifier ever.
The SV-236MK has been upgraded to the SV237 and the
improvements are clear to see and hear.
The logical development of an amplifier legend starting from SV-236 to SV-236MK leading to the SV-237, an amplifier that is almost unrivalled in its price range and has improved the few minor weaknesses of the previous models, and has received an up to date USB input.
The Correct Structure Decides!
Under the leadership of Frank Blöhbaum, who is the developer of the Thorens electronics and the Auto-Bias control of the T.A.C. tube amplifiers, the circuit design was completely revised and improved. Thus, in the output stage section a phase reserve of 90° was reached by making various changes. This phase reserve provides a much better transient response to complex loudspeaker loads.Musicality and sound are much better than its predecessor. Even the most difficult loudspeakers can be powered easily. The amplifier always dominates complex loudspeaker load without sounding strained.
The preamplifier section was fitted in the second stage with 6N1P tubes. The greater voltage level provides better signal stability. This results in a higher spectral purity of the signal which causes a further improvement in fine detail in the sound. Here, the tube-like musicality is maintained and an analytical coldness never comes into the sound. Another advantage of the improved circuit design is a greatly improved signal to noise ratio. It results in excellent playback quality on high efficiency speakers. Enjoy explosive live performance as a result of excellent dynamics. Moreover, the volume control has been finely adjusted so the volume level can be precisely set using the remote control.
• Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz ±0.5 dB, 20 Hz - 50 kHz ±2 dB
• Maximum output power at 8 Ohm: 2 x 150 Watt (RMS)
• Maximum output power at 4 Ohm: 2 x 250 Watt (RMS)
• Maximum output power Class A at 8 Ohm: 2 x 10 Watt (RMS)
• Tubes: 1 x 12AX7; 2 x 6N1P-EV
• Input Sensitivity: 300 mV
• Total Harmonic Distortion: < 0.1% (1 kHz, 1 W)
• Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 90 dB
• Input impedance: 47 kOhm
• Inputs: 5 x stereo RCA, 1 x USB (No Phono Input)
• Output: 1 x stereo RCA Rec Out, 1 x stereo RCA Pre out
• 12v Triggers: 2 x 3.5 mm
• Dual Speaker terminals
• Dimensions (WxHxD): 430 x 150 x 435 mm
• Nett Weight: 20.4 kg
• Finishes: Black